TECHNICAL GUIDELINES RESOURCES
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Green Roof Documents:
The EPA website provides an INTRODUCTION TO THE GERMAN FLL-GUIDELINE FOR THE PLANNING, EXECUTION AND UPKEEP OF GREEN-ROOF SITES by Peter M. Phillippi: “The FLL-Guideline[s] represent the widely acknowledged state of-the-art technology. Although the guidelines cannot substitute American standards and regulations they nevertheless can provide a lot of very helpful information about green roofs.”
- ANSI/SPRI RP-14 Wind Design Standard for Vegetative Roofing Systems
- ANSI/SPRI VF-1 External Fire Design Standard for Vegetative Roofs
- ASTM E2432 Standard Guide for General Principles of Sustainability Relative to Buildings.
- ASTM E2777 Standard Guide for Vegetative (Green) Roof Systems.
- ASTM D8014 Standard Guide for Selection of Membranes Used in Vegetative Roofing Systems.
GREEN ROOF RESEARCH
GREEN ROOF INCENTIVES
FM GLOBAL STANDARDS
- Approval Standard #4477 for Vegetative Roof Systems
- Approval Standard #4470 for Single-Ply, Polymer-Modified Bitumen Sheet, Built-Up Roof (BUR) and Liquid-Applied Roof Assemblies for Use in Class 1 and Non-Combustible Roof Deck Construction
- Loss Prevention Data Sheet 1-28 Wind Design
- Loss Prevention Data Sheet 1-28R Roof Systems
- Loss Prevention Data Sheet 1-29 Roof Deck Securement and Above-Deck Roof Components
- Loss Prevention Data Sheet 1-34 Hail Damage
- Loss Prevention Data Sheet 1-35 Green Roof Systems
- Loss Prevention Data Sheet 1-54 Roof Loads for New Construction
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
What is your AIA Member ID?
We can be reached by phone: 617-987-4230
Or Email: [email protected]
Learn more about the benefits of green roofs on our FAQ page.
See our Resources page for helpful links to FLL and ASTM Standards for green roofs.
View our diverse project portfolio of commercial, institutional and residential green roof installations.